1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Diamond Blade with E47 pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by AFM Contracting, Dec 9, 2006.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

I just picked up a used meyer diamond blade 8' for my truck and it came with an e60h with a broken housing where it connects to the light bar. I found a guy with a rebuilt e47 that wants to trade. is an e47 suitable for a heavy diamond blade?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Would the E47 be suitable for a heavy blade? Yep.Would I trade an E60 for it? Never. Even though your E60 need repaired it's worth putting some money in to it verses trading it for an E47. Depending on the condition of the rest of the pump,you'd be giving up a better pump than your getting.

3. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

Update

So, I went today to get my plow installed and im not happy! My myer clasic mount is fused together, so I cant put my bumper on, the pump housing is cracked on my e60 where the bottom bolts to the light bar and i think the motor might be toast... not sure though. the e47 he wanted to trade wont fit on my light bar so now Im stuck!! I need help, sugestions, a rifle... not sure please help.

4. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

Take it off and buy a red plow.
    Mike

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Dont give up yet! Did you install the mount anyway? Its easier to work on getting the lift frame out of the mount if the mount's attached to the truck. Lots of penetrating fluid and some heat from the "hot wrench" will get it out. Spray it with the penetrating fluid for a couple of days then heat the receiver tube's with the torch then take a hammer and pound all over the receiver tubes to loosen it up.Sometime's hooking a couple of tow straps to it from another vehicle and putting a little tension on it with the strap's while pounding on the tube's will get them out. As to the pump being broke at the lower mounting hole,is it just cracked or is there a piece missing? It's made of aluminum and if it's just cracked or you have the piece that's broke off any good welding shop could fix it without much expense.

6. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

I did not install the mount, I have been spraying it with penetrating oil constantly, I stripped both the pump and mount so when I get them fixed they are ready for paint. I like your Idea so tomorrow Im going to mount the reciever and attach tow straps to a tractor. As for the pump, its broken and I dont have the piece. I attached a pic What do you guys think??

new truck 019.jpg

new truck 020.jpg

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your broken pump mount isn't that bad I've fixed some alot worse than that,like I said in my other post a good welding shop could fix it. As to the rusted lift frame,use my idea's and keep working on it...it'll come apart.

8. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

dobbs-crane.jpg

Here is how we take our stuck lift frames out

Some times we need to heat them but they all come out eventualy

dobbs-crane.jpg

9. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

Hey storks auto,
    u have a bunch of pumps for sale on ebay right? I was just looking at your auction and took the # down i was going to call you tomorrow morning.

10. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

Finally

OK, so, the pump is welded back together, the guy I used did an awesome job, I'm really impressed, and after heating up the frame the mounts came apart. So before I put it on the truck I thought I would try to bench test the pump... Hooked everything up with jumper cables and it just click when I push the buttons? Any suggestions?

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats funny