1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer cutting edge uneven

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Rob79, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Rob79

Rob79 Junior Member
    from PA

There is a 1/2" difference in the cutting edge from one side to the other. Is there any concern or is the 1/2" no big deal.

2. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Did you twist your frame?

3. Snowaway

Snowaway Senior Member

Do you wind row to one side more than the other?

4. Rob79

Rob79 Junior Member
    from PA

I dont think the truck was hit as for the plow I purchased it used. Could you use the different mounting holes on the mount. Like one in the middle and one on the bottom. Is 1/2" a big thing.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  5. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Most likely the plow was used with the A-frame not being level front to back. This causes the ends to wear down faster and if they mostly plowed to one side, like plowing roads where you almost always plow to the right, just one side gets worn down.
    Use the same hole on each side and use the one that makes the A-frame level front to back. On a ST series plow the pin height should be 10.5". I don't think 1/2" difference side to side will be a problem.

6. Rob79

Rob79 Junior Member
    from PA

I will check the location of the pins tomorrow. What if I dont have 10 1/2" on both sides, should I just leave well enough alone? Thanks

7. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Just use the holes that are closest but you should be using the same hole on each side.

8. Glenzo

Glenzo Junior Member

Its probably worn that way due to angling plow one way more than other,Normal wear.....