1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer custom plow mount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sleeping Giant, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant Junior Member
    from Montana

Need some input, picked up another rig, 82 blazer with 6.2 diesel. Has new engine and runs great . Was going to stick my old meyer on it to take care of the lots that my 1ton dodge can't get around in. Problem is tge mount came off of an 82 chevy 3/4 ton. My book says that it won't work on the blazer. Any thoughts? I was under the assumption that the gad the same frame. Has anybody done something similar?

2. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

I haven't had both trucks, however that unit will work fine for what you are planning to do. I say modify the mount to make it work. The meyers might be ugly but they are reliable and easy to work on. You may be surprised that it is very similar once you try and put it on. i think the 6.2 diesel is the best snowplowing engine ever. it has enough torque to push well, yet not so much (like my duramax) that it breaks the wheels loose all the time. my thoughts anyway.

3. Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant Junior Member
    from Montana

Thanks for the input... Worked on it today and all went great! I just got worried and thought I'd made a mistake by buying this rig.. It's installed and working good .