1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer controller blowing fuses

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cwby_ram, Dec 26, 2011.

1. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Hey guys, just tried to put the plow on and my controller is giving me fits. As soon as I try to turn the controller on it blows a fuse. I was thinking maybe solenoid issue, but I haven't tried to lift the plow or do anything except turn the controller on. Do you think my controller is shot?
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Do you have an extra control to try? Double check your wiring also.
  3. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Didn't have an extra controller. I went and picked up a new pistol grip deal yesterday. $140 would have been better than $300, But it took care of it. I did check all the resistance measurements in the controller harness and everything looked good. We'll call it an upgrade if I decide to hook up the ALM/ARM wire.