1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer control

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by btammo, Oct 25, 2008.

1. btammo

btammo Member

Was wondering if you can swap out controls for Meyer plows. Can you replace the older 3 lever control for a newer touchpad control? Thanks

2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

yes , but I beleive you'll also need the new wiring harness, lots of these go on ebay...

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sure but you need to change the harness as well.

4. btammo

btammo Member

WHich harness? Modules the same?

5. dirtmandan2

the harness from controller to pump and relay

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

7. btammo

btammo Member

Cool thank you. Just bought a truck with an older unit on it and that control is way to complicated if you are doing a lot of plowing. That is why I want to buy a new controller for it. Thanks

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Twin toggles are way too complicated? :confused:

9. btammo

btammo Member

You got that right, and the headlights are on a third switch on the same control.....

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

ROFLMAO:jester:

11. dirtmandan2

Ive got all three styles and like the two toggles better than the slik stick...

12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Can someone please explain to me how the 3 older meyer controls work, I am looking at a plow for sale that has these, and am just curious how they work
    Thanks

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing fancy about them deere. Left switch is just your plow/truck head lights that you flip when mounting or removing the plow. Center switch is your left and right angle. And the left switch is your raise and lower with detent for float.

Some of the real old toggles didn't have the light switch in the panel but were mounted separately and hard wired.

d757_1.jpg

14. btammo

btammo Member

Well, now we have to go plow with this old controller as I didnt have a chance to get the new touchpad yet. Winter storm in October...crazy. I really didnt want the guys to have to use that old controller but oh well. 6-12 forecast

15. deere615

The one I am looking at actually has 3 seperate switches, is it still the same concept though? Thanks

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep the concept would still be the same.

17. deere615

cool, Thanks