1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Control red warning light - help!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by roofsinc, Nov 30, 2005.

1. roofsinc

roofsinc Junior Member

Just installed a meyer plow (used).:gunsfiring: Install/wiring went great. Plugged it all in, and it worked perfect. Then I took a test pass down my driveway. At the end, the plow kept wanting to angle right by itself. If I pushed the left control, I could get it to come back, so I straigtened it and passed back down the driveway, grading the gravel. When I got back, the plow wouldn't do a darn thing. I noticed now there is a little red lightning bolt w/ exclaimation point lit up on the controller. I checked all the wiring...everything seems to be hot and/or grounded, so....I have no clue. Any insight????
  2. roofsinc

roofsinc Junior Member

Anybody home?
  3. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Remove multi pin connector and get the hardwire kit from a dealer. 35 bux or so.

You have a gremlin in the electrical connections somewhere.

Id rewire it with that setup. Its an easy install/swap.