1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer coils and valves

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sefh, Feb 6, 2006.

1. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I bought a box of coils valves (A,B, and C) and I want to test them to make sure that they work. What is the easiest way to do this besides placing them on a pump. I have put new O rings on them, and cleaned them up. Thanks
  2. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I realize now why the box was cheap. B and C coils have the stems broke off :mad: of them. Can you weld a new stem on these or a way of fixing them. Please advise
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have seen coils welded to the valve in desperation, not suggested. the nut not only holds the coil on, it also provides ground continuity. Welding studs on would be difficult, warp-age would create binding in the barrel restricting the action. I think you have to just trash'm and write it off to lessons learned. you still have the a valve and all the coils.
    To test the valves charge the coil and see if the plunger moves. Not always accurate, I've seen plungers move and still not function properly.
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

No I didn't get them from Ebay. What I did to a B to try it was to drill and tap a hole in the center of the stud and ran a bolt into it. Waiting for it to snow to try it to make sure that it works.
  6. imdawrlus

imdawrlus Member

i've broken the stud off of one of my valves....i took a little bit of silicone caulk and put a couple dabs on the inside....then i stuck the coil back on....i put another dab on the top to keep water out....it works the bawls....dont waste your money, try this first

also on mine the coil stayed on without the caulk, but i wanted to be safe....maby take a screwdriver and knick it up a little bit so it stays on there even better....sand it down a little bit to make sure it has good ground