1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Classic Plow Mount Superduty

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by House, Dec 19, 2007.

1. House

House Junior Member

Ford Superduty Meyer Classic Plow mount, great condtion
    325$ OBO plus shipping

2. neighborstree

neighborstree Junior Member
    from pa

put it on ebay, i just sold 2 of mine, for 400 each, plus 75 to ship it

3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

What years will it fit?

Jay

4. House

House Junior Member

1999- present according to meyers web sight

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not present...99-07 only (won't fit the '08's)

6. 96PSD

96PSD Junior Member
    from NJ

When I went to my Meyer dealer the other day they told me Meyer stop making the Classic Mount after the 03 year truck. So you may want to check that again.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

True but Ford didn't change the trucks until '08 so there's no problem with the mount fitting up to '07..

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And, a Meyer EZ plus or Xpress mount (which is the current mount types) will fit 99-07 also...

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not so, Ford mounts changed in 05. Fit sheets show one mount for 99-04, then a differant mount for 05-07 then the 08 change. They modified the way the blocker beam mounted in 05, you can use the older mount but have to cut off a part of the blocker beam mount off the frame.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I should have added that to my post...they didn't change the rails so the mount will work...as I did an EZ-classic transfer from an 02 SD to an "05 a while back and had to trim the bracket...
    Not a "bolt right on".. but it will fit as you know.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Trimming that bracket is a touchy issue. The law say's if the plow mount is removed then the Blocker Beam has to be replaced. Hard to do when you have removed the mounting points. Not a huge issue for the private individual but a dealer is held to a higher standard.

But I know it's been done, many times, many ways.

12. House

House Junior Member

any one before i throw it on ebay

13. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Just a bit steep for me

Jay