1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer Classic on 88 f250 diesel

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by country_boy_200, Feb 17, 2014.

1. country_boy_200

country_boy_200 Junior Member

well next weekend im going to mount my meyer classic on my 88 f 250 diesel. anyone have any pics of the mount installed on a bricknose diesel? i could also use some help on the light harness. i have a harness for a 12 pin switch how dose the switch function? ie, what positions dose the switch have and what do those positions control. i have downloaded the meyer manuals for the mount and the lights but there kind of vague. also how necessary are the 'special bolts' i don't want to spend 40 dollars on them if i don't have to.
    Thanks Brandon

2. fhafer

fhafer Member

The mount directions said I needed two of the special bolts, which I bought...but I only needed one on the passenger side. Unless you are going to drill through the backside of the truck frame box znd run a through bolt, you will need one. I think it was worth the money.

3. country_boy_200

ok ill probably order one, the directions are showing two, but it looks like they only come in a two pack anyway. how about the head light wireing?

EDIT: ok I lied about the 12 pin switch, I looked at my harness and it only has 6 leads that run to the switch.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  4. fhafer

fhafer Member

I used the directions, recomendations, and drawings from the Smith Bros website; they are accurate to the tee. When they say solder and don't use 3-M splices...take their advice and solder the yellow turn signal wires.

I'd also recommend doing the relay switch upgrade to your headlights if you haven't done it yet. Check out the Ford Truck Enthusists website for lots of great tips on doing the upgrade.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the headlight relay mod is a good thing to do even if you don't run plow lights. the headlight wiring and switches in these trucks is way under rated and they burn up if left on for too long.

6. country_boy_200

I plan on it, so which is better, the 6 lead harness or the 12?