1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer classic mount help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by evy30, Dec 2, 2011.

1. evy30

evy30 Junior Member

i have a meyer classic plow set up on my 2004 ford f 250....i was wanting to change this to my 2003 dodge ram 1500. meyers website says that there is no mount to do this....any suggestions?? has anyone ever had this problem??

2. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

I swapped from a '93 F250 to an '04 Ram 1500. Had to custom build...surprisingly the carton fits exactly between the framerails. I'll look for pics.

3. evy30

evy30 Junior Member

yea if u could find some pics that would be awesome!! the dealer told me that it would have to be fabricated or i was gonna have to buy a new plow all together but i dont really want to do that cause this is just gonna be a backup truck.

4. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Here is the carton, stripped of all the excess brackets. The empty frame holes are for the bumper mount.

IMG_1681.jpg

5. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Here I'm using the bumper bolts as placeholders, the bolt holes almost line up perfectly. If you enlarge the frame holes in the right direction for larger bolts you can make it line up perfectly. I'll look for pics with the new BIG bolts in there. Keep in mind with this method you will have to fabricate a way to drop the clevis mounting points if you want to angle and still have your blade flat.

IMG_1682.jpg

6. PONYBOY87

PONYBOY87 Junior Member

Have you plowed withn this mount ?

7. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Yeah, works nicely....no power angle yet though. I need to make some detachable drop brackets to my AFrame is parallel. I have been working on the bull bar/cooler/fishing rod rack that I will be running in the summer season.......not a flake of snow in the forecast....boooooooooo

8. PONYBOY87

PONYBOY87 Junior Member

Any new pics

9. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

10. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Looks like the mounting carton is right where your bumper is supposed to be. :confused:

11. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

I'm not one for stock bumpers....