1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer classic mount alternative blades

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by bdryer, Oct 2, 2011.

1. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

Hello all, new to the site here and am enjoying all the discussions. Learning a lot. I have just purchased an older Dodge 2500 w/the Meyer classic mount with the ST 7.5. The blade is junk, but everything else is good. Can I 'upgrade' to the larger blade (C-8) with my current set up? Seems like it should fit. The pump is the E60 so I should have plenty of power to lift the heavier blade. Any and all comments are welcomed. Looking forward to a great season. Thank you.:help:
  2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Pretty sure the sector is different for the C8.
  3. broncscott

broncscott Member

I run a C 9 plow with wings on a 2000 F350. Put. 21/2 " leveling kit on the front. E47 pump
  4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

measure between the two mounting points on the truck side

I will let you know, I have a C7.5 and also had a C8.5 on the same mount you may need a ST A frame but not sure.
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you are swapping the entire moldboard assembly incluing A frame/angle rams it should not be a problem, otherwise, :nono:
  6. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 8 steel, 8.5 steel and a 9 poly that can all be swappped.
  7. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

To Basher: So if I am swapping out the moldboard along with the A arm and rams, the current classic mount should accept the new A arm and rams? If so, then sounds like that is how I will approach this. Thank you. To blk90s13: I do have the ST 'A' frame, so sounds like this suggestion should work. Will keep you all posted!

Again, Thank you to all!

What a great site. Only as good as the people who are on it.....
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can run anything (plow side) that is for the full size EZ-Classic mount as long as you're swapping the entire plow side. Doesn't matter if it's an ST7.5 all the way to a C-9. You can even run a plow side from a conventional mount if you wish, it will just extend a little further ahead of the truck.
  9. bdryer

bdryer Senior Member

@ B & B.... Thanks for the info. Just what I was looking for. Going with the C-8.

Thank you to all who responded. It was a great help.