1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer classic HELP!!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by born2farm, May 18, 2010.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Well I recently bought a 7.5ft Meyer Classic mount and wanted to take it all apart to paint it up nice before I put it on my truck. Well I have everything apart except for the pins where it trips. I cut them in half so I could remove the blade part, now I just need to drive them out of the sector. I have heated and heated and beat on them with a punch and a sledge. Nothing has budged. I am almost to the point of cutting the sleeve and everything out and welding a new one in....HELP PLEASE!!!!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When they get that bad I either slice the tubes lengthwise to extract the remainder of the pin and reweld or just cut them off the sector completely and replace the tubes with new. They're easy to make from scratch, or even easier to purchase ready to install.

3. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

B & B is right this is the best way.

4. dchr

dchr Senior Member

Have to agree with both replies-easiest just to cut the tubes of and weld new on. Just did them on a plow I acquired last year. Also installed grease fittings on the tubes to keep them lubed up and preventing this same problem down the road.

5. born2farm

Well I followed your guys advice and just cut the old tubes off...now i just need to find replacement pipe. Kind of an odd size and of course its the one size i dont have laying around the shop.

6. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

do you need both sides? I know I've got one, but I'll hafta see if i have a pair.

7. born2farm

mcfly89...thanks for the offer but I already orderd a set and have them welded in..thank again.