1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer C8 facelift

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Moose's Mowing, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

Well I decided to start a new thread for this. Long story short, I got a C8 to replace/supplement my current ST 7.5. Got the blade, an e60 pump, control pad and wiring for 500 bucks. I only needed the blade, but I'm currently running an e60 so I'll keep that as a spare, same for the controller pad. I don't need the wiring or the dump truck mount that came with it so if anyone wants that, give me a holler.

I picked up a new skin, new couplers, new hoses and new seals for the angle rams.

Started yesterday by tearing it down and started to cut the skin off. The regulator on my torch crapped out so I did what I could with the angle grinder. That sucked but it worked.....slowly. Ran to AirGas today for a new reg and to fill my bottles. Finally got the skin off and ground down all the welds. That part wasn't bad at all. It took me awhile to get the old skin off, me and my buddy prob had 5 hours on it yesterday and I had another 4 on it today. It was a PITA to start with, but the blade was ghetto patched with a long piece of sheet metal and welded all over the place. That made the process a lot harder.

Tomorrow I'm planning to prime everything with that Rustoleum rusty paint or whatever it's called and get the skin fitted and tacked up. If I have time, I'll do the welding too, then prime the whole thing. Then I have to do the rams, finial paint, get new spring eye bolts, reassemble, and mount her up.

Here's a few pics from today:

photo 2.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  2. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

A few more:

photo 6.jpg

photo 7.jpg

photo 8 .jpg

photo 10.jpg

photo 11.jpg

3. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

here's a few more in no particular order

photo 12.jpg

19.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

20.jpg

4. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

and more.......

21.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

5. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

that's it for today. It gets a second coat of paint today, then will be all be reassembled tomorrow after work. I also replaced the packing in the angle cylinders, but forgot to take pics of that. Not much to see there anywhere.

The new skin fit right on. I had to lay it on the floor and jump on it a few times to bring the center in close enough to the frame to be welded. All in all, it's turning out to be a good project and one that saved me $$. They're calling for a "crippling" storm here at the end of this week, so I'll have it on the truck just in time to try it out. Looking forward to it. This is one heavy SOB.

17.jpg

26.jpg

6. Moose's Mowing

from SE PA

well, she's all done. I finished it at 11pm the night before snowpocolypse hit the N.E. region. Sorry, no pics. I just ran this baby for 24 hours straight. Not one issue or breakdown. Can't believe I didn't break something. This thing took some really hard licks during this storm. Night and day difference between the old ST. Much heavier, scraps better, doesn't spill as much snow off the sides (although in this storm it didn't matter much) but the best thing is how much better it backdrags than the lighter ST. Cut my driveway time way down. Now, it's bedtime for me. Wake me up on Sunday please