1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer C8 chain too short??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I just picked up a nice 8 foot steel blade for my truck. I had a 7.5 foot before. It seems the couple of times I hooked it up to my truck, it doesnt raise as high or have enough chain for some proper slack necessary for float as well. I have the ez mount classic tubular style. Any info will be appreciated!!!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Is it the older A frame? Does the chain hang straight or does it slant away from the truck?

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

It slants away from the truck. Im guessing it needs to be parallel to the truck?

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Wheres B&B at when you need him?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes it's suppose to be vertical. What you have is a blade from a conventional mount unit. You need to lengthen the chain or change the A frame. It will take more power to lift the blade with the chain at that angle but guys do it all the time.

7. Sydenstricker Landscaping

How would I lenghten the chain?? Im sure an A frame would not be cheap in the least

8. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

A Frames just priced one the other day Tom

There Just over $200

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looking at the pix you posted in your "new blade and tires" pic thread I see nothing wrong with your set up Tom. The forward pitch of the chain is normal with a C series as the chain attachment point is farther forward on the A-frame than the ST plow that your used to. And since the chain lift point is future forward it will use more lift ram travel to attain the same lifting height. And you do have the correct EZ-Classic style A-frame.

Does the A-frame hit the stops on the lift frame first, or does it run out of lift ram travel first?

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Im not sure if it hit the stops or runs out of pump lift. I will have to look at that tomorrow. Sounds like I need to upgrade my pump to an E60H set up then.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Shouldn't have to. Should work correctly as is. H pump won't solve the problem if you do indeed have one anyway.

12. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks B&B. I will let you know tomorrow about if it hits the frame stops or not.

13. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Your just going to have to get use to it Tom

14. Sydenstricker Landscaping

I guess so. Just doesnt seem to raise as high as my smaller plow. But I guess I will know it more once the snow hits

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Mine dose the same thing with the bigger blade on it to dose not lift it up as high as the smaller blade but the chain was long enough.

16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

you can get a longer chain made

17. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I don't think its the chain being short I think he just cant get the pump up anymore. LOL :D

18. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Tom, they make pills for that, just ask BOB

19. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

enzyte-guy.jpg

20. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Lmfao. :d