1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer C8.5 install on an 02 Chev 2500HD

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by JKA, Oct 21, 2009.

1. JKA

JKA Junior Member
    from Montana

Just completing the install and noticed the used Meyers C8.5 MDII plow I bought has transmission fluid for hydraulic fluid. Should I change that out?

Also wondering if anyone knows what the orange wire that is hooked to both headlights and to the switch actually does?

thanks

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

The orange wire is the power feed that triggers the relays to switch from truck lights to plow lights.

I would recommend that you drain and flush the pump, hoses and angle cylinders, use Meyer Flush fluid, If it hasn't been done before, I'd do it two or three times. Change your pump filters, and re-fill with the blue hydraulic fluid or the new Meyer Yellow fluid.

3. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

or angelos hfg. been running it now for 5 years in e47s wiht no problems whatsoever

4. JKA

JKA Junior Member
    from Montana

thanks for the info. I did a search on the threads to help with my electical problems, as stated numerous times here is to ensure good grounds. Sure enough, my solenoid did not have a proper ground.

I will change out my fluid and filters.

Thanks again