1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer C-9

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MKC, Aug 27, 2009.

1. MKC

MKC Junior Member

Hello,
    I am putting a Meyers C-9 plow on my 01 Chevy 4by Silverado. I got it from a 03 Ford F-350. I know all the plow stuff will work on the Chevy, but was wondering if anyone knew what would be needed to mount the pushworks to the truck, it's obvious the the Ford stuff wont work, anybody got any clues. Thanks!:waving:

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

3. MKC

MKC Junior Member

C-9

Meyer site EZ match states that my new vehicle (the Chevy) cannot accept the original (the Ford) system. It says to call closest distributor. Nelson Truck in Seattle may have something in stock. All I'm looking for is the right part to bolt on my truck with that plow. EZ essentailly said you can't run a C-9 with a 2500 truck.

Any you guys out there can help more than Meyer.

4. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just to clarify for MKD. Nobles p/n is for the EZ-Plus series mount and of course as Basher stated the p/n he provided is for the EZ-Classic mount. You need to determine which mounting series you have first but now you have the number for either.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

And the pictures to use for comparison.

8. MKC

MKC Junior Member

C-9

Thanks guys! Plus vs Classic, how do you tell? My computer wont support pics. Dealer in Washington quoted me 2k, but I don't think he understands that I just want the part that bolts to the trucks frame. I have everything else. I am going to use Lightforce lights as well. Thanks for all the info. I'm sure you'll here from me again.

Noble, me and my son are thankfull to Almighty God, he is a twin, his brother died two days after birth. He's 23 now. Just had 2 grandaughters, one born 9 weeks early. It's awesome to see people give our Creator the glory He deserves.

Greg:nod:

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you should be able to look at the drawings with adobe. no pictures just line drawings.

10. MKC

MKC Junior Member

C-9

Thanks you guys, the links and pictures are what I needed. I have the EZ Classic mount. Pictures tell the story. Now I can tell my dealer what I need and don't need. I'll let you guys know how I get along with this project. I talked with a local Meyer person (I think he has 9 or 10 plows, all meyers. He said I'd have to do some fabrication and mods to the truck. He aslo said that manufacturers don't recommned plowing with a crewcab truck and it weakens the frame at the second cab. I told him I am not going into business, but just my drive and church lot. I was also thinking about Timbrens, do you guys recommend these? Do you guys have any recommendations for a dual battery kit. I have only 1 battery. Or should I surf the other threads on this site for not meyer specifics? Thanks again for your expert help!

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just the tip of the iceberg here: Silverado aux battery info

Lots more if you search the various forums.