1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer C-8 on a 2010 Dodge 3/4 ton HD?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave_dj1, Dec 13, 2010.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I have a bit of a dilema, I just picked up an older Meyer 8' C plow for cheap,(extremely good shape)
    I am thinking about putting it on my Ram 3/4 ton HD, 4x4.
    I will put new lights on and NOT tie into the harness,so that's a non-issue.
    I have all the fab tools and heated space to do the job, the problem is I don't realy "need" it. I just installed a 7.5 Meyer 4 way plow on my '79 F-150 but I could always sell the "plow truck" LOL the wife would love that!
    The plow I just picked up came with an E47 that is in pretty good shape, the one on the ford came with an E60 that overall is good shape, I have a new motor for it and now I found that the motor cover is cracked, (no biggie to get a new one) I also have since picked up another E47 that was freshened up and put on the Ford.
    pardon the ramble but I am enthused to put it on the Dodge but I love my Ford.

2. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Im no expert but i am pretty sure that e-47 is not gonna be handle the weight of a c-8 u need either a e-58 or e-60. I have a c-8 mounted with and e-60 on my 2002 2500 avalanche . But like i said im no expert here and have got a lot of help from these guys but im preety sure on what i said

3. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

So what is your question??? to do it or not?

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Always good to have a backup , I say go for it.

TOM

5. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

YEAH, I think I just need a nudge in that direction...LOL

6. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Nudge , Nudge , Prod, Prod............:laughing:

TOM

7. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

OK, OK, I'll get started on it right away! :mechanic: good thing I've got the heat going in the shop, and I picked up some steel just in case today.:blush2:

8. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Ya it cant hurt to have a backup or just find some more accounts and hire a driver for the other truck...

9. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

well plow is all mounted, I will try and take some pics tomorrow, it took me a while to fab up the carton, I had to make new light mounts and ended up buying some new lights from my local NAPA for less than hundred bucks!

10. mac87

mac87 Junior Member

i have a C8 with E47 and it works fine

11. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I haven't taken any pics yet but so far (two storms) the E47 has been holding up fine, I can see where an E60 would be better but until I get some working $$$ the 47 will have to do.