1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer C-8 not sitting level

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Nick Estes, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Nick Estes

Nick Estes Member

my meyer C-8 when angled to the right fully does not sit flat the right side of the plow is 2in off the ground. when angled to the left it sits 1/2in off the ground. when straight it is completely flat. everything appears to be level tho with a level on it idk if its a bit a-frame or what? any help or solutions will help thanks
  2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

i had same problem before thought it was a frame so i replaced didnt help at all mine was truck mount knocked out allso seen it happen when king pin bolt replced and to tight .. check and see if plow mount sets level and plum on flat ground
  3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

it could also just be a cutting edge that is worn more on one side than the other from always pushing one way.
  4. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

its common sense, the taller your truck the angle increases. think of it like your arm when it goes up and down. whe it is angled and down the rear of the blade will not touch. lower your truck or lower the frame
  5. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Like supercuts said, your A frame needs to be parallel with the road (something I still have to fix on my setup). If your A frame is parallel with the road then you have a worn cutting edge or bent moldboard....neither are fun to fix. Let us know what you find.
  6. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

i had chevy truck with 4 inch lift had same troble changed a frame no change i made heavy duty drops that lowered my plow down still dinnt fix... come to find out my brother hit concreate grate stuck up about 4 inches it pushed back mount straps and that made it raise couple inches when at full angel so i loosen plow mount adjusted it and now its fine you would no if you bent your a frame i still have my drops they pin into plow receiver and plow pins to them makes it alot easyer to hook up and it does help with plowing good luck
  7. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

That's what I'm planning on to get my A Frame back on the level. Just gotta make a trip to the Metal Supermarket:D
  8. danielboone

danielboone Junior Member

Nick, have you found a resolution to this?

I have exactly the same issue. Just did some testing today on level ground. Blade straight...everything rests perfectly to the pavement & is level. Full angle, window to drivers side, the drivers side end is just over an inch off the ground. Full angle, windrow to the passenger side and that passenger side end is just under an inch off the ground. My cutting edge, caused from the previous owner, has slightly more wear on one side than the other, 3-3/4" left on one side and 4" left on the other, but probably not a huge factor. My truck has not been lifted, but when I had the plow installed we did need to add a front leaf just to get the plow installed correctly without rubbing. I do have some larger tires that probably are giving it a little bit of extra lift. On my Easy Mount Plus the sharp point of the hook up attachment is 10-1/2" off the ground, the bottom edge of the round piece that accepts the bar of the blow is 11-1/2" off the ground. It does appear there are 2 sets of bolt holes on the mount that could be used to lower this connection point about 1" or 1-1/2". There is another posting very similar to this where someone said your mount should be 10-11" off the ground. I guess it depends where you are measuring to on the mount. I also need to add some air to my tires which will only make the problem worse. I don't want to have to do this just address the problem, but I would also think if I put on a brand new 6" wide cutting blade that would also help with the problem. For me it seems that my best option is to try dropping the mount with these other bolt holes. Does anybody else have any other thoughts about this?
  9. danielboone

danielboone Junior Member

I thought of another way to test whether lowering the mount or truck would correct the problem. I think you could take a 2x4 lay it flat on the pavement, rest the cutting edge along the entire length of the 2x4. This should be equivalent to dropping the mount or truck 1-1/2" (thickness of the 2x4). As long as it doesn't dent the 2x4 too badly which could skew your measurements. Seem reasonable?
  10. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

As has been said, unless you have a western with a pivot, the a-frame needs to be parallel to the road or level. Throw a level on your A-frame with the plow on the ground and attached to the truck. If it's not level, unhook truck end and lower until level, then measure the distance from plow holes to truck holes/pins so you know how much drop you need to add on your mounts or A-frame. I prefer A-frame.