1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer C 8.5 on a 2000 Dodge 2500 CTD

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cbeard, Jan 29, 2009.

1. cbeard

cbeard Member

Hello all
    I am considering a Meyer C8.5 for my 2000 Dodge 2500 ext cab with a Cummins. I currently have a ST 7.5 on it now and when I angle my blade it seems to not cover my tracks. Is a C 8.5 too much plow for the truck, tranny or front end. I currently have timbrens on the front. I want to reduce my plow time.
    Thanks
    Chris

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

The 47RE is kinda weak. Any upgrades to it?

How about your truck, running stock power?

3. cbeard

cbeard Member

Stock power. I figure I would run the tranny till it went and then do the suncoast upgrades.

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

Wish I have a C8.5 on mine, the truck can push lots of snow easy

go for it I would get a temp gauge on the trans tho

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't worry about it Chris, hang the C-8.5 and go plow. :nod:

6. cbeard

cbeard Member

how hard are the trans temp guages to install on the truck? I have a ST 7.5 on it right know and we got a heavy snow on 1-26 and 1-27, the truck pushed it fine. I only used a 1/2 tank of fuel pushing for 14 hrs. and I didn't have to run the truck hard.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  7. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

thats one thing I love about my truck as well the fuel it uses while plowing I can go on half a tank for hours and the gasser guys that work with me keep going to refuel

the temp gauge would need a sender in the trans pan and a wire to run into the cab easy to install u just need to drill in the bottom of your pan

mine never passes the 180F mark at the peak of plowing and would drop down in seconds once I pop it in N and let it idle for a couple of minutes

and keep in mind I run a winter cover on the front grille all winter

8. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

I run the Diamond 8.5' on my truck no problem I think it weighs around 840#s

9. moparornocar

moparornocar Junior Member
    from Ohio

the trans gauges go intoa port on the tranny. real easy.