1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer C-8 + '03 Ram Quad cab sport 2500 Cummins?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NoNeck, Dec 20, 2005.

1. NoNeck

NoNeck Junior Member

Finally,A place where I can get some answers! Hi gang. I just sold my 95 Ram 2500 v10 with 7.5 Meyer on it. I replaced it with a 2003 Ram Cummins, 4x4 Quad cab sport. I am buying a 1 year old setup from my buddy who bought a truck with it already installed on it. It's a Meyers C-8 setup with EZ mount classic. FRom the Meyers site that weighs in at 800 lbs complete. I plow commercial parking lots as a subcontractor. This is my third year plowing. We start plowing early on in storms so the lots are cleared by 8 am ideally. I have a short trip from home with the blade on. I'd estimate an average storm will put 25-30 total miles on my truck round trip including plowing. I have heard differing opinions on using this setup with this truck. Anyone here have an answer? (I also plan on installing a 2 inch leveling block on the front coils as I did on my 05. That truck didn't budge with the 7.5 Meyer setup but it was the lighter duty "Personal use" not C- series. Thanks for any help.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i run the same set up except i have a hemi . cant believe how much heavier the c-8 is compared to the 7.5 i have . you need a set of spacers up front also youll need longer shocks not only levels the load but looks better empty
    john

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  3. NoNeck

NoNeck Junior Member

Yup. FRom the Meyer site, the C-8 is 150 lbs more than the 7.5 I was running on my 95 Ram. Add the diesel weight and WOW! The spacers are here and ready to go in. Why the longer shocks? I didn't have a probem with my 95 needed longer shocks with the spacers? I see you're close. I'm in Warminster, PA. Are you in the city or 'burbs?

4. CARDOCTOR

i live in horsham near dresher rd . with the spacers it felt like the shocks
    were topping out when going over train tracks or a crest in the road.

john

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The stock shocks will be more than long enough. :waving: No need to get new ones until you need them. Then make sure that the new noes are at least as long as the old ones. I have found that a lot of replacement shocks are not as long as the stock ones, just some thing to watch out for.
    If you jumped your truck in to the air it's not the shock that will stop the axle from dropping. The break lines will snap in two before the shock is extend all of the way out. what I'm trying to say is, the break lines are shorter than what the shock can travel. well almost, It will be close but you get the idea.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2005
  6. CARDOCTOR

on another forum (dodge talk.com) it was suggested that the shocks should be replaced . if you change shocks i bought mine thru bp speed shop in horsham

john

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If you have had a Dodge front end apart you would know that the stock shock is more than adequate to handle the small lift of 2 to 4 inches. you will not be bottoming out the shock...OR over extending the shock...:waving:

The sway bar and the track bar will limit how far the front axle can drop not the shock.

8. NoNeck

NoNeck Junior Member

Cool I'll keep the stock shocks! I know John over at BP pretty well. I built a 72 Chevelle with a big block and was there frequently while building it. Cardoc, I see you have my other favorite truck, a 79 Ford. I had 3 79 F150's. One with a 4 inch lift, the next had 6 inch lift and the third had nine and a 4 inch body lift with 40's. In fact I think they are all on my website along with my Dodges. My 95 Ram that I just sold is here http://www.noneckschevelle.com/images/Noneck95Ram25004X4V10.htm
    And my other toys are here
    http://www.noneckschevelle.com/Myalbum1.htm

9. CARDOCTOR

heres my ride

john

dodge ram side.jpg