1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer belt driven pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dinosaur, Feb 24, 2010.

1. dinosaur

dinosaur Junior Member
    from SE PA

I have a Meyer belt driven pump in my 1975 Dodge Sno Fitter that is getting weak. It won't lift the plow or work the angle. It does lift without the plow. Luckily I have a spare so I can make it thru this next round of snow, but I would like to have the pump rebuilt.

Any ideas on where/how?
    Thanks
    Ray

2. Gumpy52

Gumpy52 Member

If I remember right the snow fighter was a factory installed snowplow setup and the pump looks like a power steering pump. You could try to find someone who rebuilds power steering pumps for Classic Cars, since the truck is 35 years old. If not you will have to buy a small hydraulic pump (2000 PSI @ 1.5 GPM), a tank, and build a custom bracket to replace your worned out pump.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I replaced one a few years ago with a Fisher pump. Had to modify the bracket a bit but everything else worked out well.

4. dinosaur

dinosaur Junior Member
    from SE PA

I have had the pump rebuilt for this coming year and when I put a pressure gauge on one of the angle lines (easiest due to the quick connect) I get about 1200psi.
    It lifts and angles the plow, but at times it seems I have to "rev it up" to get it to move.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks
    Ray

5. LON

LON Senior Member

Either the pump is still weak or you have problems in the valve. You may have to tee your gauge in-line between the pump & valve and then dead head a function to get your reading.