1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer angle/occilation ???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by smcunningham, Jan 23, 2010.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

on flat level ground angled all the way left or right the opposite end of the blade is of the ground like 2" either way I angle...the cutting edge is the same height on both sides and maybe a 1/4" taller in the middle...the blade is still able to trip....thoughts / ideas how to fix
    tried to search button no luck

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The most common ones.....

1) Bent A-frame or nose plate
    2) Worn nose plate/king bolt/sector pivot hole
    3) A-frame not set parrallel to the ground

3. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

Thanks B&B I'm going over to the shop and going to investigate your suggestions further.

4. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

Ok after further investagation w/ pics nothing looks tweeked bent or broken even check w tape measure.....king pins not broke/bent, nose of a frame is in good shape not bent, sector pivots not broke or bent

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Since it does it on both sides I'd say your mounting Hight is wrong AKA A frame not parallel to the ground.

You have a lift in the truck?

6. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

I have it on a ford f-250 w/ stock rims and tire I think it has a 2' leveling kit on the front but otherwise not lifted

7. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

i agree. ur a frame has to be parrallel to the ground

8. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

What is this plows name/called....its a 7.6 meyers

[​IMG]

9. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

I have to put the plow back on tomm to how level it sits to the ground....but the first hole is 12-1/4" to center and the second is 13-1/2"center of hole

[​IMG]

10. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

I had the same problem with mine. I put a 2 inch levelin kit on. F250 and all. We cut the ears off and put a 3x3" square tube on and welded the ears back. Works great now. I will try to get pics tomorrow

11. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

Gets some pics on if you can i would like to see them

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I can tell you right there that it's too high by 2" even at the lowest mounting hole. Need to address that before you go any further.

13. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

I'm going to put my brothers plow on my truck and see if his does the same thing...we have the same plows.
    Whats your opinion on doing (bigc1301) suggestion;(I had the same problem with mine. I put a 2 inch levelin kit on. F250 and all. We cut the ears off and put a 3x3" square tube on and welded the ears back. Works great now. I will try to get pics tomorrow )....????

14. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here are a couple of the pics. I have had this set up for over two years. Have not had any problmes at all with it. My brother and his brother inlaws all have the same thing with no issues. Where at in maryalnd are you

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing at all wrong with doing that as long as it's done properly. I've done quite many of them myself the same way to address height issues.

16. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

I put my brothers plow on my truck and it does the sme thing....I'm going to do the same thing bigc1301 has done.

17. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

Thanks for the pics I'm going to dothe same thing....I'll post pics once I'm done. I'm in Carroll county a couple miles north of Westminister Maryland. I do most of my comm plowing in Burtonsville and all my residentails in Owings mills/reistertown

18. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

I am i Gamber. So not that far away. I plow in Westminister and Baltimore County. THe guy that did mine has left the shop he was at or i could have hooked you guys up

19. smcunningham

smcunningham Member

i will weld mine up tomm..will pick a peice of 3x3 up tomm in the am at b&d in westminister..I have a welder...Thanks though for the thought and the idea w/pic

Looks like we might have some white stuff next Thursday night all the way to sat...

-Shane

20. bigc1301

bigc1301 Senior Member

Lets hope so. Show me the money