1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer ALM/ARM

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cwby_ram, Feb 10, 2012.

1. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Hey guys, picked up a new pistol grip controller for my meyer plow awhile ago and never hooked up the ALM/ARM wire. Started looking into it and I need to find a signal for the reverse lights to splice into. Anyone know where I can find a good reverse signal on a '98 Dodge 2500 (the one in my sig)?

2. saintsinner84

saintsinner84 Junior Member

you wouldn't happen remember off hand what color the alm/arm wire was? i had mine installed by the dealer before the alm/arm feature was available and now i would like to use it with my new controller. it might not even be in my truck side harness for all i know.

3. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I don't think there is anything in the truck harness for it. If memory serves (truck is at the shop, and I am not) the wire is either blue or orange, or maybe both. One write will go to a reverse signal from the truck. Can't remember what the other is for. Should say in the paperwork that comes with the controller.

4. saintsinner84

saintsinner84 Junior Member

the orange is for the lighting. unfortunately i do not have the paperwork for the controller. i did find some paperwork on the meyer site showing an adapter to use the new controller with the older harness. but my harness is only a year or two old and i think i had the new controller before i got the new harness. i was looking at me controller harness and it has two blue wire a light and a dark. but on the truck harness i think i only have a dark blue. i just don't know if that's the same blue wire for the reverse lights or if it's being used for some other function. i found the install manual and it shows the wire harness having a blue wire for the reverse lights but it's somewhere between the firewall and the bumper. i have not had a chance to look for a loose wire coming off the harness yet. hopefully it's there.

here is the link for the manual it's on page 6
    http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-1054.pdf

and here is the link for the controller paperwork
    http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-887R2.pdf

and if your 98 2500 is the same as a 99 then the reverse light switch should be located on the driverside near the top of the transmission. thats on a manual. not sure if the auto is different. you should be able to tap into that. or if there is a reverse light fuse you could get away with a simple fuse tap in the panel.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  5. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I'll have to look into it again. I'm still on the fence about using it anyway. I did have to get that adapter for mine. Must have been the blue wire. I just left it hanging. I'll pull it out tomorrow and look at what's all plugged in where.