1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 75th Anniversary Book

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

On the Meyer website, there is a 75th Anniversary booklet. Amazing, in 1926 the first Meyer plow was in fact a stationary V plow.
    Lots of interesting facts in the booklet. It's a pretty long download for a dial up connection, (3.8MB) but you guys on cable modems and DSL's can have it d'loaded quick.

And the very first Meyer plow was made of wood, mounted on a Buick car!

2. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Do you think that they will offer a paperbak version like Fisher did with their "history" book??
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Would people on this site be interested??? Most seem to be very anti-Meyer. LOL
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Well, it's only an 8 page booklet. And most here that are anti Meyer, have at least one in their fleet. Most won't be quick to tell you they have one, but, they do. Either way, it's interesting to see how the commercial snowplow has developed over the years.

Western's "Open Roads" has a little history on their plows in the newest issue too. They are celebrating their 50th Anniversary this year.

5. guido

I don't think I was ever.....

Anti-Meyer or Western, etc, I was just brought up pro-fisher!

I've only ran one western, didn't hate it, but liked my fisher better.

Most of the big plows I run now trip like the meyer and western with the full blade. I haven't ran a fisher in 3 years, so who know's, maybe I'll feel different when I get back behind one??

(That's a big maybe!) :)
  6. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

I am wondering where I could get the Fisher history book? I heard of it before and want to see it but could not find it.
  7. guido

Probobly go to their website and use the contact e-mail address and request it. The worst they could say is no I guess.
  8. Lou

Lou Member

Thanks Chuck
  9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I love all the Fishers I have had. Bought one truck with a Meyer and have never had a complaint about it. I can see it is not as heavy as a Fisher but I do not try to abuse my equipment.
  10. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Chuck, I tried to get it several times and it won't download on my computer and I do have Acrobat Reader installed. It gets to 39% downloaded and just doesn't go any further. Can you send it to me.
  11. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I had the same problem trying to download. Guess thats about right right for a meyer, only gets you through about 39% of the storm before it breaks down.
  12. guido

Got Mine Today!

I couldn't open it either, but I e-mailed them, and got my paper copy in the mail today. Pretty cool, a lot of good pictures in there.

Glad I finally got to see it.
  13. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Those of you with the "39%" problem. I too have the same problem at times and I always thought it was something inherent with the fact that I have AOL. Is that your web service also?

Does someone have the web address for Meyer and Western. I'd like to see this "open roads" magazine and other publications. My first blade back before I was officially in the business was a Meyer. It had a manual angle which tells you how long ago it was and was not installed very well. I only plowed a couple of times with it but that was 25 years ago or so.
    This time around I have Western equipment but I see a lot of Fisher and Meyer around the Dayton area.

14. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

For those of you with the 39% problem. When your browser (maybe its only the AOL browser?, I don't use IE all that often) starts to do this its time to delete the Temporary Internet Files. Your browser is spending so much time & effort getting through there that it locks up while trying to get to sites. I don't know the technical stuff as to why it sticks on 39 but that's what I do to get everything going normal again.