1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 750 blaster problem

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jasondwade, Jan 4, 2010.

1. jasondwade

jasondwade Junior Member

We have a 750lb. meyer blaster and last time we salted, the salt wouldn't fall down into the hole at the bottom of spreader and we had to get someone in the bed of the truck with a stick to continue to feed it down to the auger. Anyone had this happen before? We use bagged salt obviously and it had gotten a little wet, but need to hear from someone who has had this happen and any suggestions. Also, we do not have a vibrator kit. This was a really aggravating problem. If I go out alone, can't afford to have this problem.
  2. jasondwade

jasondwade Junior Member

anyone wanna help?
  3. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Not that my 2 cents helps much, but I had the same problem with my snow ex trying to put magic salt through it. Got rid of the magic and switched to straight rock salt. Works good now
  4. jasondwade

jasondwade Junior Member

I'm using rock salt already. Would the vibrator fix the problem?