1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 7' 6" Super-V on a Half Ton?????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by 3ipka, Nov 8, 2010.

1. 3ipka

3ipka Senior Member

Just wondering what experiences anyone has had with this plow....?
    Considering purchasing it for my 08 sierra 1/2 ton to have as a back up
    Any insight would be appreciated

2. yamahatim

yamahatim Senior Member

Ditto! I would trade my plow for this one if it works!
  3. APBAinMaine

APBAinMaine Member

I've been running one on my Titan for the past two seasons. I'm not a commercial plower, but it has handled everything, including the 30" bombing we got a couple of weeks ago. What I read about it before purchasing is that it is slow. It is no slower than my Fisher MM was on my Jeep, but if I were plowing against the clock, it might bother me more. It sits on the low side and will require at least a front leveling kit. I also recommend timbrens. I met one drift that gave me trouble, but being stubborn and using the combination of brute force and brute ignorance, I was able to get through it (again, that was in the 30" blizzard two weeks ago). Hope that helps; happy to answer specific questions if you have them (and I'm able).