1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer 7.5 to 8.5 questions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by badbowtie, Dec 21, 2014.

1. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

I have a 99 k3500 crew cab long bed dually that I plowed with all last winter and did great only plowed once this winter so far. I sub contract for a company for about 8-12 hours every snow storm. I have been using a st 7.5 plow with pro wings on it to be 9.5 which is border line with crew cab long bed dually. I just got my hands on a cp 8.5 plow this afternoon I took truck over and hooked it up and drove it a hour home. You can tell it is heavier for sure. I still will have to add the wings and have looked and seen how everyone is installing them on poly plows. But before I make all the brackets and everything for the back of the plow to reinforce it. I want to make sure I am not going to have any issues. As of right know I will be using my e-47 that I just rebuilt. It seems like it runs it good left and right and up and down but not trying to plow with it yet. Once I get another plow or two in I would like to upgrade it to the e57 just switching motor and valve. But I want to see if I need to wait to start using the plow till I switch pump and all that.
    Thanks In advance.
  2. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Back when I had my F250, I had a Meyer CP-8 on it that I loved. I asked the dealer about putting wings on it and was told no wings on a poly moldboard. It will crack and spiderweb the moldboard. You might want to check into that before you get to far.