1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 7.5 super V

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Falcon121, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Falcon121

Falcon121 Junior Member

Hi, I'm looking for a plow and was looking at some different models when I found this one. I understand people have loyalty to different brands Chevy vs Dodge and Western Vs Meyers, 1500 vs. 2500, I'm not looking for that. But, I've been reading some negative things about Meyers, and I just want to know what kind of product Meyers is producing now (not 5 or 10 yrs ago). And is anyone using the 7.5 Meyer Super V, or even the 8.5 Super V. Also when the 7.5 is in full V how wide is the plow? This would be going on an 05 dodge 1500 w/ 5.7 HEMI

Any help would be appreciated, I just don't want to start another great debate.
    Thanks

2. 01SMOKINSD

01SMOKINSD Junior Member

I cant speak for any of the V plows specifically, but I can for Meyers in general. My self and a friend both bought one 2 years ago. They are the xpress mount, which i love, and have been totally trouble free. I bought the 8' aggressor blade and he got a 7 1/2'. I may be trading in for a new 8.5' V for next season. They are very nice but hard to spend the money when what I have works just fine. Good luck on your purchase.

3. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

i have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab hemi with a meyer STP 7.5 on it and i have had no problems what so ever. and my dad has had his meyer ST 7.5 plow since 1995 and hasn't had one problem with it either. I just recently noticed the new meyer 7.5 super V and i think it looks like a pretty sweet plow, i wish they would have had it 2 years ago when i bought my plow because i would have gotten it instead

4. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

Geary ~ you could always trade it in!!! Congrats on the engagement!!

Babe