1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 7.5 Poly weight

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Nov 29, 2008.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I am thinking of switching from a steel ST-90 7.5 blade to a 7.5 poly blade? What is the weight difference between the two? Does anyone have pros or cons to the poly blade? Thanks.

2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I beleive that the poly blade is slightly heavier... pro's to the poly is that it looks nice ( no rust ) and I have no cons. If you are wanting to put a set of wings on the poly you will have to do some extra re-inforcing...

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The poly will be about 50 lbs heavier than you steel model.

Poly blade pro:

- Snow tends to stick to it slightly less...but not enough to warrant an upgrade from a steel blade if you already have it.

Poly cons:

They like to break all the vertical moldboard ribs off at the bottom were they're welded to the main lower horizontal cross bar.

If your current steel blade is in good shape, keep it. :nod: