1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 7.5' plow mounted up!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Alphacowboy, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Alphacowboy

Alphacowboy Junior Member

New to the forum, so I need some advice. I have a lifted 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4. I knew having a lifted truck was going to cause isses, but I am sure I can work past them. I have a Meyer Aggressor 7.5' plow with the EZ-xpress mounting system and the E-88 Control Module. I have an aftermarket off-road steel plate bumper, that luckly, the mounting system clears! Anyway, here are some pics of my truck and the plow mounted, and the, I hope minor, issues.

Pic 1.) Plow mounted
    Pic 2.) You can see how the plow is pitched forward, I am hoping I can find an easy way to remedy this issue.
    Pic 3.) I am hoping that maybe trimming the lower bump stops (1) a little will allow the blade to tilt back some. One of my concerns though is that I will lose ass adjustment room of the trip tension springs.
    Pic 4.) What it looks like from the front!

Advice is welcome for this newb!

Thanks!
    Matt

Plow1.jpg

Plow2.jpg

Plow6.jpg

Plow4.jpg

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Some more photos of the mount and some measurements would help out on possible fix for the attack angle. Trimming the stops would work but i'am thinking the blade will have some chatter when plowing but if you have long runs the angle for rolling snow is great. I would have to research some to find the proper high of the frame to ground but i'am thinking 9 inches This could be fixed by just lowering the mount some..

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When you angle the blade fully to one side is it still flat on the ground or is one side in the air a little. You need to try and fab. a bracket to lower the A frame where it meets the truck.

4. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

meyer sells a lowering kit for the tube mount style which lowers the mount height holes where the plow mounts to the truck...its what my cousin had to do to his dodge 2500 with a 4"lift

i dont know about the ez-mount md2 styles though

have you tried angeling...do you realize the plow prolly wont sit flat on the ground when fully angeled?

one guy on here put on a giant cutting edge...im guessing 10-12" instead of 6"

5. Alphacowboy

I could fab up somthing, but I would rather not lower anything that stays on the truck when I dismount the plow. Ground clearance is somthing I dont want to hinder anymore than I have by having to have the gaurd/mount on there.

[/quote]

Luckly, with this plow, when lowered it has a pivot point that allows for a goot 6+" of droop on one side while allowing the other side to raise up the same... see pic attached.

The larger cutting blade might be the ticket, but I can only imagine what a piece of steel that thick and size would cost! :eek:

Plow7.jpg

6. Alphacowboy

What do ya'll think of this to fix my approach angle issue...
    Basicly, welding an additional rectangle piece of tubing to the top of the existing "halo" and then mounting the mounting frame to that tubing. Basicly, it will drop the halo at least 3" lower, which would help a lot I would think.

Plow10.jpg

Plow12.jpg

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea I think that would work just fine, but it's gonna void your warranty!

8. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I am not too sure about meyer, But i ran into the same thing with my 01 Dodge. Put a plow on, MIne was Western, and it sat to far up. Western makes a drop bracket, that I installed, and it lowered the hook up points. The, come spring, for clearance, just unbolt the bottom bracket.