1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 7.5 Install on an F150

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hot_raud, Nov 18, 2003.

1. hot_raud

hot_raud Member

A newbie here and I just bought a used Meyer 7.5 to put on my 88 Ford F150. I intend to plow my longish dirt/gravel driveway. The front axle weight rating is 2950 according to the sticker in the driver side door jam.

The plow came off of an 89 F150, so I assume the plow will mount on to my 88. Of course, the previous owner of the plow didn't have any manuals so I'm on my own for installation. I searched this site and read the FAQs. The consensus seems to be that the wiring is the toughest part but the whole job isn't that difficult as long as I have the right tools... the question is, what tools do I need? Where can I find a manual that will help me with the installation of both the wiring harness and the plow frame on my F150? Will I need to know how old the plow is and if so, how can I find out? I don't even know if the plow is a ST or STL model - I assume its the STL since it came off an F150. How can I tell for sure?

Any help is greatly appreciated. More questions to follow!