1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 7.5 cp plow??? anygood?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Sep 16, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

well, theres only about 1 more month until i need a plow, so im looking at what im going to get. ive deceded that probably not a boss (to much $, and not close enough for me). so im thinking a western or meyers? what do you guys think?

is the meyer 7.5 cp a good plow for residentials and small commercial? It will be going on an 94 f150 with a 250 suspension.

how much will i be looking at money wise for this plow? thank you!
  2. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

I have a 2004 ford f350 with a western poly pro with the ultra mount that I just got. But I also have a 95 chevy 2500 with a classic meyers and I have ran it a ton the pump s about ready for a rebuild but its still strong. If you get a meyers beter get one wit a e-60 pump dont mess arund with the e-47-57s they suck. I just got the f350 today and all can say is wow this truck is a beast I can't wait till the snow starts to fall.

Arn't you still in school. I graduted this year and last year when I was still in school I didn't plow much. 1 commercial and 30 driveways. all done before I went to school. Good luck I hope you know what youre geting youself into.

Jeff Smith
    JRS Lawn & Landscape
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

westerns are fantastic plows easy on and off my friend runs a fleet of meyers plows on his trucks never has a problem old e47 and e60 units just have flush every year put new strainers in
  4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

thanks, and yes i know what im getting into. i currently cut 50 lawns a week, and im a junior in high school . i ahve 2 trailers, a dixie, an exmark, and a bunch of other blagone. lol. anyway, yeah, im ready for the long day, early mornings. BRING IT SNOW! lol
  5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

The meyer 7.5 is fine for your truck. I plow 37 driveways and go to school fulltime, never missed a day because i was out plowing. If it snows at night get out at 2am and start. By 7am iam finished and the snow is as well and if its still snowing in the early morning and its alredy been enough to plow then schools getting cancelled anyway. Keep it to residentials for the first year and don't take too much.
  6. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

wow if I dropped my plow on residentails that early I would be out of work.
    Sometime people tell me there trying to sleep if I am there a 7:00
  7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

An alright plow with a great dealer is better than a great plow with a sucky dealer. I really prefer western. What kinda good dealers do you have close? Blizzard and boss and fisher and western all make good blades IMO

Good luck!
  8. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

We are satisfied with our Meyer plows. Would love to have Blizzard plows on all the trucks, but we just don't get enough snow. We have Pro Wings on 2 of the plows(auto wings would be great).......
  9. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

I'm currently looking at a Meyer 7.5 ft plow as well. It's going on a 94 dodge ram 3/4 ton. I will be doing mainly residential, possibly a few small commercial accounts.

What did you guys pay for your plows installed?

Premier, where in MI are you?