1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 60 NO LEFT ANGLE HELP!! Snow is falling!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beverlylawncare, Dec 22, 2004.

1. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Hey gang, I'm sure this has been addressed in at least a thousand other posts, but I can't find much out there at the hour of the falling snow. I was using my plow (2 seasons old) earlier today just fine. Got half way through my second job and left angle wouldnt happen. Luckily I recall a buddy mentioning that it had three coils, red green and black. The dealer was still open, so I went and bought one of each, figuring I'd get to the bottom of it. I don't want to change out unnecessary parts. After disconnecting and reconnnecting the hoses, and checking for "magnetism" on the coils, I have a very slow movement on left angle. (Hold button for 8-10 seconds, it might travel 1 inch on cylinder).

- Fluid level seems ok
    - Couplers don't appear to be wearing
    - any suggestions?

Thanks guys! The "24 hour" repair guy is still working at the plow dealer working on other trucks so he's not available for tonight.

2. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

Solenoid might be fine but the hyd part may have something in it or stuck.
    Pull the solenoid off and unscrew the part under it and check for operation. push in the plunger...may be froze warm it.

Dick

3. wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter Member

female coupler

Swap out the female hose connector. i've been there,tore everything apart,cleaned it and still had the problem.
    Changed the female fitting and worked like a charm. i always carry a few with me just incase.
    Good luck on it!
    Brent.

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

5. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Thanks for the prompt responses. I had the "24 hour" guy finally show up and we determined its the hydraulic fitting on the pump itself (the only one he didn't have with him, of course). We were able to take it off the pump and work it free a little. I went back out to plow and it worked great for about 45 minutes, then messed up again. I took the hose off and taped the tip with the hose coupler and it worked for a few more minutes, then died again. SO, looks like I'll be heading to the shop tomorrow to pick up both pump fittings (maybe two of each) and some spare hoses as well.

Again, many thanks to the responses!

6. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

F.Y.I-

there will be no magnetism at any of the 3 coils when moving plow to the left.

fluid passes thru 2 valves but that is there resting position.

in other words, when you hit your switch to the left, the ONLY thing your doing is running the motor, and plow will go to the left by itself.

obviously you already found out that it was a coupler,as someone previously posted to check,that is the first thing to check on a meyer with a no left,or slow left situation. Happy holiday. plowtech :)