1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 6 foot plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mr Budget, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Mr Budget

Mr Budget Junior Member

Hello, I think I found a good deal on a plow today, but i'm not sure.
    I picked up a Meyer plow with a 6 ft. blade for $600.00. I checked around on the internet and it looks like they no longer make a plow with a 6 ft. blade. It has 2 selonoids. It came off of a 92 Ford, I am putting it on a 1990 Ford F350( I know, small plow for such a big truck). It is in good shape, it has 2 switches for the controls/ up & down and left & right. Does this sound like I paid the right price for it? Also, if anyone knows of any known problems to look out for with this unit such as the selenoids going bad (should I carry spares?) etc.. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds ok but you can put some extra's on the 6ft like wings to make it longer....
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Years ago I bought an old 6 1/2 ft Meyer plow. Extended each end of the plow 9 inches. Put a plastic skin over the face, and a new cutting edge. Worked like a champ. Probably could have gotten by with Pro-Wings but didn't know about them back then...
  4. Mr Budget

Mr Budget Junior Member

part #

I just found the part # on the plow it was lightly covered with some paint the # is 2009157 can someone tell me what i have? All i know is its called a meyers 6 foot plow i know nothing about the pump or the selonoids.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

are you sure its not a 6.5 poly blade ?
  6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Snap a couple of pictures and post them. I'm sure we will be able to help then
  7. Mr Budget

Mr Budget Junior Member

I measured it it is 6' long made of steel
  8. Mr Budget

Mr Budget Junior Member

Well i wiped a bunch of dirt of the pump and found the lable with the model # on it it is a
  9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i personally think alone the plow is small for the truck wings would be great and make it a perfect size because you want the plow to cover your wheel base
  10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would try to find a Commerical series 7.5 or 8' meyer plow. A 6' plow is off a 1950-1970s jeep.