1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 6.5' Power Angle???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CJ8R, Apr 22, 2003.

1. CJ8R

CJ8R Junior Member
    from wyo

I am looking at a buying a Jeep from an individual, and the particular Jeep I am interested in has a 6.5' Meyer Power angle plow on it. All i really want is the jeep and the owner will not seperate the two. The plow is used and I don't know how old, several years I believe, but in overall pretty good condition. I would like to buy the Jeep and then just try to sell the plow but the owner thinks the plow is worth at least $1000 which is reflected in the price of the plow jeep package. Personally I think there is no way in hell I would be able to take the plow off and sell it and all the parts that go with it for $1000. What do all you guys think? The bad part is he won't budge on the price either. If anyone is interested please let me know. Its for a CJ model jeep. Anyways, thanks in advance for the help.
    cj8r@hotmail.com -western colorado-

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Well you will here a lot of bashing of Meyer here. Some will tell you that you will have to pay to have the Meyers off your property.

I will say this, find out if it is a Meyer Two Meter or a Meyer 6.5'. There is a difference. My brother has a 6.5' on his Jeep and it is a great plow. With all working hydraulics and complete parts I could see $800-$1000.

The two meter is a lighter duty blade. It will have smaller and "fatter" trip springs. The 6.5' will have long skinny springs.

Final cost has a lot to do with the condition of the plow. Is the paint in good shape? Does the plow operate? Are all frame parts in good shape?

3. CJ8R

CJ8R Junior Member
    from wyo

width

Im not sure the exact width, the guy told me 6' but that seemed to narrow to me. Also, what is the best way to go about selling it? Where I live in CO there is no need for a plow as it doesnt hardly snow here.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'd agree with you there. You might try selling it on Ebay, but you'd want to specify that the buyer pays shipping. Sounds like you may have the two meter plow. I think he's just trying to take advantage of you. If the plow is really "worth it", then he should be selling the it himself. Otherwise, you should get a better price since he's insisting on selling it as a package deal.

Just my opinion, but I'd pass. Offer him what you'd pay for Jeep alone. Tell him you're willing to take the plow off his hands since he then wouldn't have anything to put it on. Otherwise, you really think it's worth less because the plow is just a nuisance. Obviously the Jeep has seen more than usual wear because it's had a plow on it. At least see if he comes back with another offer.

Good Luck.

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would agree with Mick. Since there will be no real use for the plow in your area selling my be hard. It does sound like a two meter, which would make selling it harder if the buyer knew much about plows. Try to get him either to take it off himself or lower the price. I would only pay $500 for a two meter.

6. CJ8R

CJ8R Junior Member
    from wyo

Alright, I called the guy and found out some more info on it. The plow is indeed a 6' and he had it installed brand new in '97. He also said the plow is in good condtion (I haven't actually seen the plow) and wasn't hardly used that much. The wear pads or feet I think he called them haven't even been worn down. The only reason he wants to sell it with the Jeep is beacause he doesn't want the hassle of selling it himself. Mainly because he said the plow is heavy to move without the jeep, and their current living conditions don't really provide for a good place for them to store the plow. Although I just realized, his wife said the plow just sits outside their house right now anyways, so If i don't buy it they'll still have the plow sitting in front of their house and the Jeep sitting there too. They told me what they wanted for the Jeep alone, and the price is exactly what I want to pay, but the darn plow is the only catch, he wants an additional $1000 on top of the jeep price for the plow. I think if I could get him to come down to $750 for the plow, it may be easier to sell it for that amount. So thats the story. Thanks

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You'd still be buying something you don't want.

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Six foot plow is to small for a CJ Jeep IMO. I think you would have a real hard time selling that. I would not even consider buying it.

9. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Hey CJ8R- I am always having folks ask me about a plow for a small truck or Jeep. Email me with you r phone number and I will see what I can do.
    Scott
    (303) 838-4273:waving: