1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer 58h pump problem please help

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by s1089, Oct 5, 2010.

1. s1089

s1089 Junior Member

Ok i just bought a used c-8 ploy blade for my chevy 2500 ez mount plus finally got it all on, but i have a little problem. It will lift and lower an float perfect and will also angle to the left but as soon as I hit the right it starts to turn left then stops with the red light lit up on the touch pad. Any ideas on the solution to my problem? All help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
    Mike

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the wiring, connections and condition of the C coil. check the c coils for continuity and check the harness for corrosion, shorts, pinched wires, etc.

3. wheelmanm80

wheelmanm80 Member

also see if you can hear the valve open and close it may be stuck. but usually if the overload indicator is kicking on you probably have an electrical problem not a mechanical one.

4. s1089

s1089 Junior Member

okey i pulled the c valve cover and the c valve was junk i replaced it but it is still doing the overload light

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What about the coil?

6. s1089

s1089 Junior Member

I replaced it as a whole valve and coil

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you thoroughly inspected the wiring harness and connections? Looked for corroded or pinched wires anything that goes to ground? They do not "overload" from open circuits only poor or unintended closed ones. You could try a :mechanic:trick and swap the red and green wires and see what happens.

8. s1089

s1089 Junior Member

good idea ill try that one why do i never think of the real simple stuff lol