1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meyer 47 pump question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Robhollar, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I just put a used meyer 7.5 foot plow on my truck and it has its issues. Heres my problem i just had the (C) valve replaced and when upon the completion of a lift the plow wants to very slightly angle to the left. Every time i lift it cocks to the left. Also when i angle the plow to the left it abruptly stops. When i angle it to the right it doesnt stop so abruptly, its more of a smooth action. Bad (C) valve?, or do i have other issues with the pump. Ya before you say it, i know its a junk plow but the price was rite so i bought it for now, so plz dont rip me too much:nono: ......Rob
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Another Ohio plower!
    Hey Robhollar you know about Mill supply on Miles Rd. by Randal Park Mall? They have good prices on plow stuff and their catalog has a trouble shooting guide in the back of it. They have the e-47 repair manuals too. They also have the repair service too for pumps you leave it they fix it. Sounds like your pump has a few issues. Might need a good flush out or some new seals here and there.
  3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I believe you can find the answer to your problem in the Meyers service manual. If I remember correctly almost this exact scenario is listed in the diagnostic section. Something about a check valve leaking and/or one of the solenoid valve leaking. If you don't have a manual it can be downloaded off meyerproducts.com.
  4. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Also, Meyers if you contact them on their web site and request a service manual, they will mail you one for free. The Meyers people are very nice to work with and they will help you at the drop of a hat.
  5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I guess i should just go down there since i pass their factory at least a couple of times a week, thnx for all of your input guys...Rob