1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

meyer 3600 spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by LawnProLandscapes, Jan 8, 2009.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

anybody have any pics of this model spreader. im not a fan of meyer but have the oppurtunity to pick up a used meyer 3600 for 200 bucks.. the guy didnt know much about it anybody know how much salt it can hold? im looking at it for small lots any info would be appreciated. also im assuming only salt will flow through it not sand? thanks

ben

2. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

I just googled it and couldn't find anything, lol

3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

haha same here. i searched here to and found no useful info. on it. i know theres got to be some members on here with some info on it.

4. prizeprop

prizeprop Senior Member

My 3600,Holds 14 - 50lb bags. I guess I paid about $1,100.00 in 2000.Just remember though when buying used, I paid $700ish(??) to replace the motor 2 years ago. Works great, just hose it down after every use.

as.jpg

snow 2006.jpg

5. prizeprop

prizeprop Senior Member

I dought it will work for sand, works great with rock salt for small lots.

6. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

Yeah based upon what I see, it looks like it will only spread bagged material. I don't see a vibrator.....unless it's on the back....

7. prizeprop

prizeprop Senior Member

Thats correct, no vibrator.

8. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

I paid $300 for mine several years ago and it works out fine. I had a swing out bracket made for it this year and it is working out pretty good so far. I basically swing the spreader out so that I can load/unload the snow blower in the back http://http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=71185