1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Meteorlogix update

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LwnmwrMan22, Nov 2, 2005.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I talked to a guy at Meteorlogix yesterday about their snowplow program, their "forecasting".

He didn't like the term "forecasting", because it's all real time.

You can set it up so they'll alert you up to 3 hours ahead of time when it'll be snowing at up to 6 locations.

They'll even send a message to your cell phone.

I liked this since I'm trying to find someone, some service, some body that would let me know when to wake up, rather than waking up every hour, wondering if it's snowing yet or not.

Those nights where it's supposed to start at 11 pm, but doesn't until 4 am, and you've been up at 12, 1, 2, 3.... those flat out suck.

Anyways, they let you know which way the winds are shifting so you know if you're on the front or the back of the storm.

I could get into it more, but obviously it all comes down to price too.

I'm a solo op, so I don't have to know ahead of time whether or not I've got to call guys, there's no real lead time, wake up, get in a cold truck, wake up REAL fast, and go.

It's $1200 for the year, including all the radar's, satellites, everything that the NWS has, plus the other alerts and whatnot.

Anyone here have any experience using this service??
  2. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I saw a program on the Discovery Channel last week and the big Marinas use it.
    With my budget I don't think I will neither be able to afford it this year nor in the next ten years.
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree about the budget. I suppose if I paid the right 3rd shifter 500 bucks for the year they'd call me just as easily.
  4. westwind

westwind Member

I'll call you for 400.00 LOL!!:eek:
  5. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

if they made the pric reasonable they could make some money and we could afford it