1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Studs for Tracked Skid Steers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by B-Rad, Sep 16, 2009.

1. B-Rad

B-Rad Junior Member

Saw this in a magazine that they make metal studs for use in skid steer tires and tracks. I think they would be good and bad. Good for traction but bad for the concrete/asphalt. Curious if anyone has tried these before. Let me know what you think.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I would be worried about them coming out when you turn.

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

You got a link?

4. B-Rad

B-Rad Junior Member

5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

ive seen people put them on atvs and such for ice fishing but with the dragging of a skidder turning idk how well they would hold up. maybe even damage ur tire? i could be wrong they could be great but on a skid steer i feel like they are more harm then good.

6. snocrete

snocrete Banned

You would be better off getting studs from your local ATV dealer @ probably $50 less than that. I have tried studs in a track SS, and yes they make a HUGE difference. But not just anybody should be running it. Its much harder on everything, and IMO....if you aren't in the mountains (and i mean in the mountains, not a nice flat parking lot in the mountains) they are not worth it.