1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Plessis 10-16

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by howesyouryard, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Anyone running Metal Plessis blades? Bought my first one this year. Having issues with one wing tearing cylinders apart. That's right, breaking the knuckle in two. Two cylinders in two plowing events. I have never seen this before. I have always ran with HLA. Thought I would try Metal Plessis. Very quickly regretting that decision. Wondering if anyone else is having issues or not. Feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Found out that there is a large recall in the works. The cylinder manufacture over tempered the metal. The hole for the grease nipple made a weak spot and caused them to break. FYI for anyone dealing with the same issue.

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Thats odd! I have three blades, and today was the first day I called Jason from MP and told him about a leak in one of the cylinders. Offered to replace the cylinder right away.

Overall, they have been good to deal with. Had initial problems, but they really have stepped up whenever there was an issue!