1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Pless LiveBoxx

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I was thrilled to have been able to launch the LiveBoxx pusher at the SIMA Symposium. Since then I put together this short video of what this plow can do. I look forward to your feedback as always. http://youtu.be/g-Tyxw-_exw :drinkup:
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. snocrete

snocrete Banned

WOW! Very impressive!

How does it compare to a Horst Snowwing in cost?
  3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

thats a real nice plow scraps clean
  4. fendt716

fendt716 Member
    from nw nj

Paul your a dealer for them. They have some nice products,but over the last 6yrs. or so. Have called them for information and pricing, nobody ever there to talk to and never return my calls. So the last 4 pieces came from horst. Do you know what the problem is or they just do not want to sell in the u.s.?
  5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

They are very close in price, when comparing simular cutting edges. If you want the LiveEdge cutting edge option there will be an upcharge.

I am now their US sales representative, I will make sure we answer all your questions. It would make me very happy to sell you a Metal Pless.
  6. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I noticed you are in NJ
    Chris Marino from
    Xtreme Snow Pros will be your dealer.
  7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

do they make skid steer models with the "live edge"? if so what sizes?
  8. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We certainly do.
    we have an 8, 10, 12, & 14 foot all with 36 inch high moldboard and 36 side gates (wings). These are solidly built pushers the 8 foot weighs 1470 lbs and the 14 weighs 2175 lbs.
    Metal Pless also makes a loader model the only difference is the height of the moldboard and side gates which are 42 inches. These are built in lengths of 12, 14, 16, & 18. We do not make a light duty, both sizes are built for heavy duty work. The shoes on the side gates allow for vertical movement if you should hit a curb line.

9. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Very interesting.

Do you need to train operators to its different characteristics to prevent bending and folding? I see you covered the max speed already.
  10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

No training neccesary, it works like any other pusher box just better. You can even stack snow with no issues.
  11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very nice
  12. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Looks sweet. I felt like I could see the cutting edge get worn down on the dry asphalt! I want one!
  13. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Thanks for all the great comments, here is a picture of a pusher they deleivered to an airport in Quebec. This baby is 24 feet wide, with 10 foot side plates, giving it a total of 44 feet wide, when wings are fully extended.

Metal Pless Airport plow 1.jpg
  14. heman

heman Member

can it be use as a angle plow? for the wing do you need 3rd and 4th function valves?
  15. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Yes the plow can be used as angle plow, it comes with a joystick that fits on a spare valve so you need a third valve. The joy stick is an electric 3 function that controls each wing and the power angle.
  16. heman

heman Member

what size plow can you fit on a L-90 or 624? the L-90 has a 3rd valve but the john deere does not but it has hydrolics to the quick coupler.

what do they cost?
  17. heman

heman Member

also do you have hitches for farm tracktors?
  18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They have mounts for all farm tractors.
  19. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I will get you a price on this tomorrow.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  20. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Made the cover of InfraStructure Magazine. Thought I recognized it. Guess when you are only plowing an inch at a time you can have a pretty big plow.