1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Pless Liveboxx taking on speedbumps and a sidewalk

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I know there was not much snow, and the temps were just above the freezing mark. Instead of wasting salt, which I have very little of, I plowed.
    I decided to show you how it handles speed bumps, and to save not calling in my sidewalk crew this is what I did instead. I was pleasently surprised. http://youtu.be/xprjDDWNhxw

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Dam, I could really put one of these too the test !!

Seems like it works well I'd love to see it in ny's climates and kooky there were gonna get 18"s today lol
  3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Unreal how clean that leaves things
  4. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Wow! That thing does an awesome jobs scraping to the pavement.
  5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

These wide open lot vids are great and these boxes look like something special (coming from a guy that lives and works in arctic country lol) BUT IMO "live edge" type pushers shine during daytime events battling constant traffic i.e. peeling up hardpack over these lots. I'm sure this box wouldn't disappoint but it would be rather interesting to see.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Wish I had it right now heavy wet lake effect can't even fill the box and the 966 spins out,

This is gonna be a long night fml
  7. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

Cat 416C with a 12' No name trip edge pusher here, this stuff is so heavy it tries to trip the edge sometimes :eek: I had slice windrows with the box side to keep moving or I'll grind to a halt with an ice block the size of a pickup.

That was earlier today, now it's around 0*F and the leftovers from the hurry up plow this morning are tank traps!!

Backup backup backup loader guy about destroyed the box earlier.

Hope we are finally done :blush2:
  8. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I just finished with a 8 inch storm with lots of wind. Plowed a laneway in the back of a shop and the Liveboxx did not disappoint. Will post the video tomorrow.
  9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

10. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

that thing sounds like a jackhammer when it bounces around on the sidewalk =D
  11. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Its those darn expansion joints.
  12. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Do you like the liveboxx over the expandable plow?
  13. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I really like the Liveboxx, and how well the Liveedge scrapes. I presently have 6 expandable box type plows, and loved them until I used a hydraulic wing plow. The hydraulic wing plows are much more productive, especially in lighter snows when windrowing saves time. The ideal plow for me today would be a wing plow with a Liveedge. That being said you are looking at double the price of a box plow, so you be the judge.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Here is another example of it cleaning a sidewalk. Its snowing asnd blowing pretty hard, but if you look carefully on the right hand side you see it does a great job. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPoKKtbvgNA&list=UUL-U4f1BeuAm9g-Glza8eFw&feature=share
  15. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Wing plow is actually what I meant...I have one wing plow and even tho it's twice the amount of a box, I've yet to find a lot that it's not the most productive plow.

The only downfall is without live edge, the plow is so big it doesn't always scrape as good. I would really like to see a video of a live edge on a wing plow

What size loader and pusher is in the videos? Also what's the biggest size pusher available?

A company up here runs a 12 sectional and a 20ft sectional. The 20ft one scrapes as good as the smaller.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  16. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Thats the whole idea behind the Liveboxx, is to get a great scrape no matter how wide the box.
  17. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I have been getting a lot of questions about the LiveBoxx cutting edge. Here is a picture of a 2 foot section with an explanation.

Carbide 1.jpg