1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Pless Liveboxx stacking snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Just got my Liveboxx on Friday, and no snow to push. So we decided to push through some old snow and stack it on our big pile. Its not the best video, buts its ll I have right now.http://youtu.be/LfmIXvaNv4E

2. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice....

3. 512high

512high Senior Member

Awesome! I have a 43hp Kubota L-4330HSTC, CAN I USE A 6 FT BOX? I know my loader is small....any thoughts?? great vid!

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Remind me not to let you borrow one of my pushers. Lol. Might as well break it in hard and show everyone what she has.

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Pretty sure I saw a bunch of urethane blocks popping all over. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nice to see someone stand behind their word. Wish more plow manufacturers would allow contractors to beat on their equipment before it goes into production. It would save them a lot of money as well.

6. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

Is that the one that sank the Titanic at 0:18?

7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Stir, stir, stir.................:laughing:

I don't think I'd try that with most boxes..............:eek:

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Moi?

I have no idea what you are talking aboot. :confused:

9. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Haha, yeah, do that with a "big L shaped couch" and see what happens. I need to resign some contracts in April and order some live edges, this year they would have paid for themselves in salt savings

10. Pristine PM ltd

Sorry, does that word get used in the states? Or is that chesterfield!?!

11. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

12. Neige

Neige Sponsor

The smallest we make is a eight foot Liveboxx. Let me see if they are willing to make a six foot over the summer.

13. Pristine PM ltd

Knowing them, they will!

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

15. 512high

512high Senior Member

thanks for the reply back Neige!

16. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Paul, how much vertical travel does the live edge have? Don't know how much travel our sectionals have but just wondering how the 2 compare.

17. Neige

Neige Sponsor

The Liveedge has 3.5 inches of play. Once you set the box down the springs will compress about 1.5 inches. So when you start plowing you already have a down pressure on the cutting edge, just from the compressed springs. The wear life on the cutting edge is amazing because 100% of the cutting edge is touching the ground. On top of that our cutting edges have Carbide inserts adding to the wear life of the edges. The other great thing about our blades is that the bucket mount or quick attach can pivot left and right. Therefore when you are pushing and your parking lot starts to slope up or down on the left or right, the plow will actually follow. This feature adds to the vertical movement. Will try and take some pictures later this week to demonstrate, am away at a trade show in Ottawa.

18. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Here are some pictures of the horizontal play on the attach itself. Thats over a small distance, just imagine what that gives you over a 16 foot plow.

20140212_150352.jpg

20140212_150320.jpg

20140212_150426.jpg

19. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Here's a good picture that shows how the individual sections not only go up and down, but they do so in a way that lets them pivot to follow the ground better than any other edge on the market.

IMG_2302s.jpg

IMG_2302s.jpg

20. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Hey Paul, Good pictures of the hitch oscillation. Good time to also mention the hitch is a slip hitch and also has a few inches (4" maybe?) of vertical travel in addition to the oscillation you posted above.