1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Pless Liveboxx pushing hard and fast

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Just got another quick daytime storm, so unfortunately not much time to take videos. Hope you like this one. http://youtu.be/jeT0FCu67ow

2. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

Cool I sent that vid to the guy that says there's no metal edge box that will work!!

I like that vid because it looks like where I work!!

Ok he just text back, he says they have several metal edge boxes and they damage railroad tracks and manhole covers,

Do you have any good pics of the blade segments!!

Well I was typing this he replied, he says the reps have been there and they say it won't work,

They must have an hourly contract with them the way they milk each plow event, and Budweiser pays for the salt!!

Talk about throwing money away!!!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Cool........

4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Any reason why loader models are only 42" deep/tall? Most other loader boxes are 48", right?

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Keep it up Paul and you'll be giving Speilberg a run for his money...your videography is getting pretty darn good.... the box pusher looks good too.

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

My 5500 series HLA pusher is 42 inches tall , but I wish it was 48.

7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I find your comments interesting about the height of the moldboard. I have never had issues with snow coming over the top of my moldboard until I am stacking the snow. In this video the very first 15 seconds you see the plow fill up to almost twice the height of the moldboard and no snow came over the top. Also at the 27 second mark you get a great side view, of how high the snow accumulates in front of the plow. I have always believed its not so much the height of the moldboard but the length of the wings where I lose all my snow.

8. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Only comes over the top when stacking , I might add a frame and screen to prevent this.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Could be the curl of the moldboard as well.

We've had it different times where it comes over the top. Those are generally very heavy snowfalls and stuff needs to be plowed twice anyways.

10. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Another truck load of LiveBoxx's, these are heading out to New Jersey and Connecticut.

MP001.jpg

MP002.jpg

11. McCaig

McCaig Junior Member

Nice Paul !!

12. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Can't wait to get ours Paul!

Matt

13. jd8430e

jd8430e Junior Member