1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Pless Liveboxx, does it ever scrape

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Neige, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Woke up to 3/4 of an inch of snow at 10 degrees Fahrenheit. Tried out my Livebox on this site and when I was done, I did not even need to spread any salt. Sun came out 30 minuets later and it was bare pavement within the hour. I sped it up so that it would not be a 20 minuet video.http://youtu.be/Pu0AQjHWYYQ

2. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

I'd live to demo that, I have uneven manholes etc would live to see it work there , it's at bud and it needs to be zero snow and we have been getting 6 to 12" snows, with salt being low I've been squeegeeing it into a rink, looks pretty. But I'd love to show them something that actually works!!

3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

most efficient plowing i have ever seen period

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Works awesome! I like it sped up...I was scared...but I liked it.Thumbs Up

5. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

We tried out the live box over the weekend. Scrapes as clean as Neige says, not that I would have doubted him. :) We are very impressed. This equipment will be part of our fleet next season. Its scraping ability will be an excellent compliment to our liquid deicing / antiicing.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That was pretty darn cool.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Now I'm motion sick and impressed.

I'd actually like to see it in real time, to try to get the pattern understood better. Very, very efficient.

Oh, and the Liveboxx was cool too.

8. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

wow that was awesome. I couldn't believe when you fit through those small signs and the cart bin and the lamp post. hard to plow in a truck again after watching this!

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Impressive video. At first I was trying to figure out what kinda wacky pattern he was using. By the end of the video I realized that I need to rethink my patterns and can possibly improve my efficiency with some changes.

10. craigd

craigd Member

wow. so i guess you have that site figured out. makes me want to cry with my 7.5 straight blade.

11. IPLOWSNO

No the plowing , err should I say the searching for snow!! Was willy nilly I'll go here no there, dam hit a curb dam hit another!! Dam this thing scrapes . Oops another curb I know I'll speed it up and no one will see it!!

But that ***** can scrape!!!!

12. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

No he sped it up to hide the sign he hit and spun around :p Question is did it get put back.

That was interesting to watch because I actually learned more about cleaning up tiny snow falls with a pusher more than I did the plow.

13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Except you just contradicted yourself.

Nice job missing the point of the video.

14. IPLOWSNO

No I didn't miss the point of the video!!!

Wasn't it titled Neiges quest for snow!!

But I did forget about the sign lol which way do I go which way do I go!! Maybe that's what got him off his game!!

15. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Thought everyone plowed with a pusher in both directions?

16. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

I got dizzy

17. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I agree there was not much snow, I believe I mentioned 3/4 of an inch. There had been some blowing so parts had less and other parts had more.
    I thought of just chemically plowing it, but the temps were cold, and with the salt shortage I decided to plow. Yes I hit some curbs, nothing that I would reprimand anyone for. It has been several years since I have plowed this account, and I think I did pretty well. Absolutely there were times I was thinking where next to turn, and if I was to do it again I could possibly shave off a few more minuets. What does not show well in the video is that this property is sloped, and is heaved from this years frost, so lots of bumps and shallows. I was so impressed when I was able to see the painted lines of the stalls after my pass. Usually with the snow tires on our loaders, after we drive over the scrape the tires pull up snow left behind. With this plow I barely saw any of this.
    Lastly I sped up the video to keep it from boring most of you.

18. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Ha ha no I did not, those signs we to close to begin with, now they are just right

19. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Nice job Paul - the Livebox is impressive.

Not too much out there more efficient than a wheel loader. The one we use with a 16` has proven to be the most versatile and efficient equipment we`ve ever used for the site locations it`s located. Impressive to see the scraping ability in your video - because none of these lots are flat and smooth. The wider the pusher, the more apparent that becomes.

20. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Here you go Mark, just for you. http://youtu.be/JdmKYSSH_F8