1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Pless LBX1036 Liveboxx - Used once

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by edgeair, Nov 24, 2015.

1. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

If you know what a liveboxx is you will know that it uses the sectional cutting edge system to float with the ground and limit salt usage.

This blade is set up for a skid steer mount, but could be swapped to another style.

I bought this in the spring when I had a different route structure and we were going to use it more just to clean up sites as the machine was more or less a back up machine. Well, we got a lot more work this year and find ourselves using this unit as a primary unit, and we have a number of small tight lots. So I am looking for a Metal Pless Plowmaxx (with live edge) in a 7' or 8' width with wings to fit into these sites with a lower mouldboard also. I don't want to sell this box, I would rather keep it. However, I would like to avoid another capital outlay this year just to keep this around as a spare.

The details:

- Liveedge
    - Used for about 5 hours, the edges are still just breaking in
    - Looks brand new
    - Floating hitch system - oscillates and floats up and down and side to side

I will grab some pictures next time I am at the shop, however, since this is basically a new blade you can see what it would look like on the Metal Pless website.

Asking $8300 CAD ($6500 USD) plus tax if you are in Canada - dealer price $8800 CAD, if you can find one.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

If I was you, I would ask a higher price. I know guys still waiting from February for delivery of their plows.

3. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Thanks. I didn't want to come off as greedy but maybe we start the bids there and let the market decide?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

What size is it. Maybe I'm blind. I'm sorry it says in title.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It's on the subject line, 1036. You'll need to get your glasses back from Grandview

6. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Its a model 1036, should be 10ft wide 36inch high and its a box blade not a moveable wing plow.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure Grandview stretched them with his big head so I don't want them back.

8. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Yes, it is a 10' X 36" high fixed end plate live boxx

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck on the sale.

10. redclifford

redclifford Senior Member
    from Niagara

I sent you a PM

11. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Thanks, don't really want to see it go.

12. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Photos as promised. Snow is coming!

IMG_4997.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

13. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Whats involved in getting it over the border? Im in Buffalo NY 14206

14. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Hi, I know what's involved going the other way across, it's quite easy. There shouldn't be duty, but I can check with a customs broker to see. I am only about 3-3.5 hrs from you so that part is easy too.

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If you have a Passport drive over pick it and drive home. You will pay New York sales tax on entry and that's it.

16. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

Thanks Dave

17. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

How far from the border are you located?

18. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

I'm about 3 hours from the border

19. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Still for sale

20. edgeair

edgeair Senior Member

It is still available.