1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Pless 8-14 Liveedge

Discussion in 'METAL PLESS Snow Plows / Wing Plows / Box Plows' started by TLSIMMONS, Dec 31, 2015.

1. TLSIMMONS

TLSIMMONS Member

I would like to thank Paul Vanderson for all his help getting this rig set up for me and putting up with all the questions. Cannot say enough good about Paul.The plow is an absolute beast.

image.jpg

2. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Awesome set up. I want one so bad but just don't have any other use for machine in the summer months.

3. TLSIMMONS

TLSIMMONS Member

I know what you're saying,this one sets all summer also.

4. PALS Landscapin

PALS Landscapin Senior Member

Yes that set up is sick and I have alot of seasonal work but just have no use in the summer for it.

5. TLSIMMONS

TLSIMMONS Member

I've been trying to find rear fender extentions for it but not having much luck,they show them on the euro kubotas but they do not offer here in the states.

6. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Looks good, we sure like our 10-16 on a skid steer. All the other guys want one to now.

7. TLSIMMONS

TLSIMMONS Member

Thanks Doin It, I really think the metal pless is a nice unit.

8. Dan082

Dan082 Junior Member

10-16 on a skid steer huh?? What machine and how does it handle when you have it open to 16'? That's a very heavy plow can't imagine it would travel nicely lol

9. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Sorry just saw this. It's mounted on a Cat 262D XHP the guys love it, they don't want to run the sister cat with just the Metalpless 10' box. It's heavy no doubt, but with the counter weight and larger truck tires it's like the Ever Ready Bunny.

10. Dan082

Dan082 Junior Member

Thanks for the response, I am actually just now in the process of deciding which plow to go with. I have a 10' boss sk10 on a cat 272d high flow. I need another pusher, but I hate the idea if the 8'-14' metal Pless wing plow because I feel an 8' box is too small. In scoop mode it's basicallytge same side as a western wide out plow.
    I'm concerned the moldboard heigh may interfere with visibility on the 10'-16' metal Pless plow.
    Also, we are in Nj where we get the wet heavy snow usually. A 16' plow would be pretty large and very heavy when loaded, where are you located?
    Leaning towards a standard edge not live edge. The price of live edge is prettyyyyyy high in comparison to the standard edge, forget about comparing it to a standard 10' pusher lol

11. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

We're out is western Canada, average 2" - 4" snowfalls, not like you or MI, where my wife is from. You may struggle with a 10x16 in wet heavy snow. The issue isn't power it's traction, as our 272's (I mistyped 262, by mistake) can push the 10', its the traction that's an issue sometimes. Straight line pushes are easy, its when you go for a corner with a full box that you can lose traction. we've changed tire and studded as well. You don't have to open your box to 16' on heavy stuff, but when you can/do, acres get gobbled up pretty quick. Our total time over the whole winter last year (acres divided by time, on all the lots the 10x16 pushed, A,B,C lots, was 1.65 acres per hour)

Visibility isn't a problem with these plow's.

The live edge is a selling point for me, we talk about less salt usage and better scrape, safer on the manholes etc. We got one 15g/month contract this winter cause the last guy has rippppped out 2 man hole covers in the last 3 years. We guaranteed we won't rip out a man hole cover.

12. Doin_It

Doin_It Senior Member
    from Mt.

Here's our 2 machines, 1's a 10x16, the other is a 10' box with live edge.

20161111_095622.jpg

20161111_095610.jpg

redclifford likes this.
  13. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'd have a difficult time buying any pusher or wing type plow without the LiveEdge. Other than for a truck.

Doin_It likes this.
  14. plow4beer

plow4beer Member