1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Metal Pless 1219 agrimaxx on JD 7930

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dodge2500, Nov 30, 2015.

1. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

The newest addition to our fleet. John Deere 7930 with metal pless agrimaxx 1219 with live edge. metal pless blade 1.jpg

metal pless blade 1.jpg
  2. redclifford

redclifford Senior Member
    from Niagara

Great looking unit, be able to cover a lot of real estate
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Good looking combo.
  4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

That should do the trick.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Very jealous.
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice. It'll play with a 12-19
  7. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

8. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Thanks. Yes it toys with it. We had a wet heavy 4-6" snow last week and it didn't even know it was there. The tractor has an ivt so for plowing, it's great. We are plowing 7 miles of roadways at a gated community with it. Made short work of that job. We've always used pushers before and after using this, we may have several pushers for sale in the near future.
  9. Mark Oomkes

You were plowing roadways with pushers?

Yeah, I can understand why you'd make the switch.

PS For an even more efficient way of clearing roads in communities like that, try an inverted blower. No windrows, etc. Our private road customers are loving it.
  10. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

No we didn't clear roads with pushers but we use pushers on all commercial properties and it seems the wing plow would be even more efficient in most cases. We have used pushers for a neighborhood where we do all driveways and they want all snow pulled out of driveways and culdesacs. This set up looks to me that it can replace about 4 trucks. Super efficient setup at the right account.
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Steel edged triped pushers still have there need just because of simplicity and to be honest not everyone can run a wing plow. We've been running wing plows for about 10 years now.
  12. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

I totally agree that steel trip edge pushers have there need because some lots, machines, and operators are not the best fit for a wing plow. We run a few skid loaders on smaller lots where I don't think a wing plow would make much sense. In those cases, we use Arctics and are slowly switching to metal pless live edge boxes. For the job that this tractor and wing plow are at, I don't see anything else being any more efficient. It definitely helps that we have the tractor just sitting in the winter months anyway and didn't purchase the tractor just for snow.
  13. Mark Oomkes

If you can run them..............;) :p
  14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Very nice, I have to ask how did the roadway look once you passed with the Liveedge? Did you see a difference over last year? Looking forward to seeing action shots.
  15. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

It scraped extremely well just like the liveboxx. Took a little to get used to running the blade but once I got the hang of it, it went really well. It took about 2.5 hours to plow 7 miles of roads including culdesacs and several entrances, etc. It isn't like plowing straight roads by any means. The blade exceeded our expectations by far. The tractor toys with it and I don't see us ever having a problem pushing it with whatever snow we get. Awesome set up and really glad we purchased it.