1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

metal or rubber what should i buy (for box pusher)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jaxx-jaxx, Oct 11, 2008.

1. jaxx-jaxx

jaxx-jaxx Junior Member

i will be buying a 12 for protec box snow pusher this week.
    In my area the metal trip edge is $2000 more than the rubber
    pushers are new to me.
    and in my application will be used mostly at shiping companys with lots of truck traffic.
    this 12 foot box pusher will be used on a case 580 super L
    any addtional info would be great.
    thank guys great site
  2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

id like to know too. Im looking at a smaller one, 8-9 footer for the front of our new tractor loader. I looked at an avalanche "brand"
  3. Neige

Neige Sponsor

In your kind of application I would go for a steel trip edge, shipping lanes with lots of truck traffic means hard packed snow. I know it costs even more for a switch blade, but then you have the best equipment for any condition, + should you break a cutting edge, you can flip it over and continue no down time.
    I also suggest you salt allot so that hard packed snow wont bond with the asphalt.
    So that you don't feel mislead, I am a Pro-Tech distributer for Ottawa and Quebec.tymusic
  4. snowplower82

snowplower82 Junior Member

definetly go with the steel I have 3 steel and 1 rubber. I will be switching the rubber next year.:drinkup:
  5. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

Go with Protech's IST... Thats the only pusher I will buy from now on... If you can afford it get the Switchblade model Steel on bottom Rubber on top.. Rubber has its advantages but steel outways them most of the time...
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

We plow a large mail distribution center with tractor trailers coming and going all the time. I purchased a 12' rubber edged pusher for the job, and I am going to replace it this summer. We have to salt like crazy to prevent hard pack. You really will welcome a steel trip edge pusher. All of our 4 other pushers are steel avalanche trip pushers, and they work like a dream. I thought Id try a rubber pusher, but so far Im not impressed. It only shines when we get sloppy wet storms. It works like one big squeegee.